CTEC Tax Audit Referral Program

CTEC Registered Tax Preparer

RE:       Tax Audit Client Referral Program

Dear Colleague,

I hope this letter finds you well.  You are receiving this letter because you are a CTEC Registered Tax Preparer (CRTP).  Like you, I am also a CRTP (since 2003); I am also an Enrolled Agent (since 2008).

I am writing to tell you about my tax audit client referral program.

As a CRTP, you are limited as to your representation rights before the IRS, unless you hold an additional designation, such as: Enrolled Agent, Certified Public Accountant, or attorney.  Furthermore, many tax professionals do not like dealing with the IRS and other tax agencies.  And, many tax professionals have no experience dealing with audits and appeals.

I handle audits and appeals before the IRS and all state and local tax authorities in all states.

Here is how my tax audit client referral program works:

  1. You refer a tax audit/appeal client to me, and
  2. When your referral signs my Engagement Letter for Audit and/or Appeals, and pays the deposit, I will pay you $250.

I am also willing to pay for other tax and accounting client referrals that result in the referral becoming my client.  My referral fees for other types of referrals depend on the amount and scope of work performed.

If you have a tax or accounting business that you would like to sell, or you wish to sell part of your client list, I would be interested in speaking with you.

I presently offer the following accounting, business, and tax services:

  • Advisory and Consulting Services
  • Bookkeeping
    • QuickBooks Desktop
    • QuickBooks  Online
    • Xero
    • Collections (IRS, FTB, et cetera)
    • Field Inspections
  • Income & Expense Summaries
  • Insurance Sales (Property & Casualty)*
  • Offers-in-Compromise
  • Secretary of State Filings
  • Tax Planning, Tax Advice Letters, and Tax Opinion Letters
  • Tax Preparation
    • Corporations
    • Foreign Corporations
    • Gift Taxes
    • Individuals
    • Limited Liability Companies
    • Partnerships
    • Report of Foreign Bank Accounts (FBAR)
    • Tax compliance for US expatriates living abroad

*While I am a California licensed Insurance Agent, I presently refer all insurance inquiries to my son, Noah Windham (CA DOI License #4051365).

For more information about me and the services that I provide, please visit:




I look forward to a profitable relationship with you.

Should you have questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you!

Steve M. Windham

Please enter your name.
Please enter a message.